Thursday 14 February 2013

Yay Mail!

Lookit what I got in the mail today!!


P2154229

(Photo bombed by my axolotl)

I actually love the ISH model. I'm not a real stock horse person IRL, but this model appeals to me. This pretty boy is turning into a portrait model for a very dear friend.
He needs a wonky-fied blaze and another sock... plus a bit of white hairing here and there. He'll be a challenge, for sure.
Her horse is TECHNICALLY a minimal chestnut rabicano. It's so slight that I'd probably get away without the white hairing, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway. White pencils come at me!

P2154232

I've already starting turning his perfectly symmetrical blaze into a wonky blaze. Base coat- check!
The bottom left of the blaze came out spot-on colour wise, but the top needed a bit more work once I took this photo.
(Note to self- take photos AFTER you've finished for the day)

I used a mix of yellow ochre, burnt sienna, burnt umber and scarlett to make his chestnut colour. I'll probably add a but more scarlett for the top coat.

P2154234

A better shot of the lower left hand side colour matching.

It's nice to have two projects on my desk. The Cigar model is giving me a bit of grief. I think he needs a rest.

It can only get better!


No comments:

Post a Comment