Monday 25 February 2013

I Finished Something!

Well, the portrait ISH is done! Weee!

Just a small moment of self-congratulating:
I AM SO PROUD. The shakiest hands in the world (thanks Dad) and I can do DETAILS.

Tonot finished

Mostly minor details were changed with this boy. He got a new wonkyfied blaze (which ended up in me repainting his whole face... don't ask) two hind stockings, and some expression in his eyes. I also did a bit of roaning on his tail head.

  Tonto finished 2

The eyes are my favourite. The light hits the glaze PERFECTLY and gives his eyes some depth and soul. Love it. *dances*

That awesome effect of the eyes was actually an accident. I glopped on too much glaze (of course) and thought I'd just let it dry.
Half way through the drying process, I changed my mind and tried to take some off. It ended up giving a lovely opaqueness to the outside of the eye, while leaving the inside nice and clear.
You can bet I'll be trying to re-create that mistake.


Tonot finished 3

My flash washed out some colour. He actually has a nice pink nose. So kissable.


Tonto finished 5

That was a very enjoyable project. It taught me a lot too.
Mostly that I CAN do details, and my biggest downfall is (and will continue to be) body colouring.
I'm thinking about trying pastelling again.  I'm going to try and save some cash to buy some top-quality pastels instead of the cheap-o pack from the newsagency.
Saving cash for my model horse fund is turning to be quite difficult. I'll do a post listing all the delicious (expensive) things that are coming in my mail box in the next month.

Now time to start the white markings for Cigar!

No comments:

Post a Comment