Thursday 21 February 2013

Another fun project

I love me a fun project... try SEVEN fun projects! Woo!
My friend was throwing away all her childhood toys, and invited me to take whichever models I wanted. Ended up with a bunch of Schliechs, a couple of stablemates... and a couple of cheap plastic no-brands who will be on the receiving end of some experimentation. Mwahahah!

She also showed me an old Breyer DIY kit that she had attempted as a child. She gave me free rein to re-do it into a more accurate portrait model of her ArabXpaint pony mare.
I stripped the gross mo-hair, sanded her down... and then got a bit creative.

I give you: my first ever attempt at sculpting a tail AND a braided mane. (Don't laugh!)


P2214270

Obviously I'm not done painting her... she just has a base coat and basic mapping of her spotty goodness.
I WAS proud of the tail... and then the end snapped off. Poo. Helloooo super glue!

P2214271

The braided mane was half a success. Perhaps not properly in scale.... but I'm super proud of the forelock braid.
Proooobbaaabbllyyy should have made the 'bumps' a bit smaller. Oh well. For a first try/experiment, I'll call it a win.


P2214272

Amazingly enough, I used the same shitty clay I used on the cigar model... and I did NOT have any troubles at all! No idea what made the Cigar mane such a fail!

Excuse me while I go have an absolute blast with my plastic ponies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment