Saturday 9 February 2013

Work with me, here.

Awww crap.


P2104207

You know how I said I was getting really lucky with my colour choices being spot on? Yeah, well... that luck had to run out eventually. HOW could I think that much black was a good idea?? Oy.
Worst part it, that offending black ear is STARING at me and I can't do anything about it until it dries.
Also- see all that crusty stuff on the neck? Yeah. That stupid clay.
Never, ever using that crappy clay again.


P2104210

'The other side' is doing... mediocre. Rookie mistake painting one side at a time.
I had to re-do the base colour, and now I'm impatiently waiting for the paint to go 'tacky' so I can start proper shading.
I've decided the legs need to be re-done too.


I'm thinking about re-visiting an old friend.
This Stone drafter has caused me a lot of trouble. I bought him extremely cheap with a seam split and wonky legs. And rough spots. OH GOD those rough spots.

P2104212

I straightened the legs, and I started trying to smooth out his roughness.... but I gave up. There just seemed to be no end to sanding.
He was also my first experiment with pastelling. It obviously didn't go very well.....
I think he would look nice as a grey, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle such a difficult colour. I'll start prepping him once the Cigar is done, and hopefully I won't get too discouraged this time.

I have an ISH on it's way too. I promised my friend a portrait model for Christmas. If I'm lucky, it'll be done by next Christmas :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment