Wednesday 27 February 2013

It got Better!

Another post about Cigar!
Maybe one day I'll finish him, and then I can stop filling my blog with countless pictures of the (slow) progress.

I figured this particular progress blog-worthy because, well... He has eyeballs now.

P2274273

Obviously not finished eyeballs, but eyes none-the-less!
Maaaan it's amazing what a bit of expression can do for a model. I was getting more and more discouraged with Mr. Cigar- almost to the point of putting him aside completely.
Instead, I completely re-did his body colour and gave him some eyes and started his whites.
Suddenly, I'm not so discouraged any more.


P2274276



P2274278

He's coming together nicer than I expected.
In fact, I really like him. He'll make a nice edition to the shelf ponies. And well, he's a bit of a milestone.

The only things left to do:
- finish up the whites/hooves
-sharpen up the edges
-gloss eyes/ hooves

...and then he will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment