Thursday 21 March 2013

The last you'll see of this pony!

P3214396

The spotted portrait pony is DONNEE! (Well not really.. still haven't finished her tail... and her coronet area still needs a bit of clean up)
But I'm going to call her 'done'. AND I'm going to call her a success. I'm not going to lie, I'm super dooper proud of her. The colours all came out better than expected, and lines are sharp and she's SMOOTH. And I guess she looks mostly like the reference pony too, which is always a bonus.


indi

The REAL pony has a lot of roaning... and after some experimentation I threw that idea in the bucket. I couldn't get the hairing to mesh nicely... so lets use out imagination, eh?

Have some more (blurry) photos:


P3214416


P3214402

Did I mention that I was proud of the forelock? 'Coz... I am. Really, really proud.



P3214401

Hoof detail. Also something I'm proud of. (note: coronet still needs clean-up- dead bugs there to add mystery- at least that's the story I'm sticking to)

P3214417

So there you have it. My second EVER finished model re-paint, and my first ever finished mane/tail sculpt.  *dances*

I even got a little reckless this week. The resin in my banner (jumper pony 'Zim') I was planning to send off to a professional painter, because I'm retarded and would probably mess it up. I've had him for a good 5 months, and have spent the time painstakingly prepping and priming him.
Do you see where this is going??

P3214393

Oops. Basecoat.
He wants to be a palomino welsh with chrome. I have never ever painted this colour. Not even on paper/canvas. Should be interesting.....
I guess if I mess him up I can always strip the paint and start again, right?

It can only get better.....

No comments:

Post a Comment