Monday 11 March 2013

Seeing Spots!

And now for something completely different....


P3124412

My poor childhood model 'Blaze' was on the receiving end of some experimentations.  I felt kind of bad painting over his original colour. He was one of my absolute favourites when I was young. I always thought of him as a mean, villain stallion. He always had the pretty girlfriend horse.
And now he has spots!

My reference was this cute little man.

WR1-Monet2

My version ins't 100% accurate, but I'm pretty pleased nonetheless.
I'm onto the last few layers of acrylics for the main body of the spots, and I'll add hairing details later once I finish experimenting with different kinds of paintbrushes.


P3124413

I think this side needs more spots. Yup. Definitely needs more spots.

I haven't worked on either Cigar or the paint pony. Studying full time, working part time, volunteering at pony club and keeping 2 horses in work is HARD. I'm actually going through one of 'fatigue' stages which happens once every couple of months. Cue a week of feeling like death and doing very little.

Ah well. It can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment